MyTrails Home Maps

Associating (and displaying) tracks and waypoints

When I plan a route for cycling, I like to put down waypoints just past each junction, on the road/track I should be going down.

The other day I did this for a route I was cycling the next day. I then later recorded a track and gave it a name.

I later discovered that all those waypoints are associated with the track recorded - which is exactly what I want - but I don’t know how/why this happened :slightly_smiling_face:

What do I have to do to make it happen again please?

Is it possible to later display track waypoints but without the track line? If I want to follow the route again I find the ‘track’ line very distracting as I cannot see the colour of the road or detail of the junction through the track line.

I’d also like the option to display the track as a dashed or dotted line, or even better a thicker alpha blended coloured line (actually grey, so I can see the colours underneath).

Thanks
Steve

Sorry for the late reply…

When you create a waypoint, you can choose whether it’s associated with the current recording or is a global waypoint. You can edit a waypoint to change the track it’s associated with. If you do, you need to resave the track to GPX if you want the change to be reflected in other apps.

You could create a very short recording (essentially an empty track) and copy or move the waypoints to that track, but it’s not a straightforward process. A dashed or semi-transparent track setting is on my wish-list, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.