MyTrails Home Maps

Different questions

• MyTrails version: 2.1.9 Pro
  • Device / terminal: Samsung A5 (2017)
  • Detailed description / Description détaillée du problème rencontré:

Dear MyTrails developpers, I’ve got a couple of questions:

1. Sometimes, lines go straight through my route, often pointing to the starting point. Why is that and how do I fix this?

2. I’m planning on upgrading my mobile phone with a 256GB SD card instead of the current 128GB. How do I export the tracks, INCLUDING the name and descriptions I always add afterwards? See Screenshot 2

2.1) If I accidently lost my name and descriptions of the tracks, is it possible to still retrieve them somehow?

1. Is it possible to add extra map parts to my existing offline map (Openstreetmaps)? And is it also possible to delete them if necessary?

2. Is it possible to add a start/stop marker in your track? Now only waypoints and stop/resting points are shown

Thank you in advance

1. I’ve answered that in the separate thread you created
  2. I see only one screenshot, but saved tracks are placed on your shared storage (by default /sdcard/MyTrails/GPX but you can change it) in a standard format (GPX). You can share them, load them back in, or archive them (I use Dropbox)
  3. You can add extra parts to your offline maps. Removing parts can be done outside the app by deleting files, but it’s not really easy
  4. You could manually add markers, but by default only the direction arrows are shown

I see only one screenshot, but saved tracks are placed on your shared storage (by default /sdcard/MyTrails/GPX but you can change it) in a standard format (GPX). You can share them, load them back in, or archive them (I use Dropbox)

Ok, but what about the Name and Description (see the text with the red line around it)? They aren’t stored within the GPX file right? And I really don’t want to lose them.

Could you also help me with this question please?

Yes they are. If you change them after you first save the track, you have to check the Update GPX box when you exit this screen.

If you lose them how?

The ‘Update GPX’ box has always been checked, since the first day I started using MyTrails. But when I moved the GPX files from my 128GB SD card to my 256GB card, I’ve imported the GPX files succesfully, but without the ‘Description’. I don’t know how that could happen.